DŌST Bikes highly recommends performing a pre-ride safety check upon assembly of a new bike and periodically during regular use of the bike. (Note: If you are unsure or unfamiliar with bike assembly or performing the checklist we recommend having a professional mechanic at a Local Bike Shop do the work for you.)
- Fully charge the battery(s) using the charger provided
- Ensure the battery is locked using the key(s) provided. This will prevent the battery from becoming dislodged, potentially losing electrical connection.
- Visually check all electrical connectors to ensure they are tight.
- Visually check that nothing is damaged on the bike.
- Ensure all bolts, nuts and fasteners are tightened. Please refer to the Owner’s Manual for correct torque specifications.
- Bikes will be shipped with low tire pressure to prevent damage. Inflate the tires using a standard bicycle pump (not provided) as specified in the Owner’s Manual. The inflation range is also indicated on the sidewall of the tire.
- Adjust the seat to the correct height for the rider using the multi-tool provided with the bike. The rider should be able to safely pedal, stop, dismount and mount the bike.
- Test both front and rear brakes to ensure they engage. The bike should not be able to roll when either brake is applied.
Checking the Electrical System
- Place the bike in an open area away from any objects that could cause a collision.
- Ensure the throttle is not engaged before turning on the power.
- While sitting on the bike, engage the front brake and turn on the power using the thumb control panel on the handlebar. Set the PAS to level 1. The bike should not move.
- Disengage the front brake. The bike should still not move.
- Lightly apply the throttle. The bike should begin to move.
- Repeat steps 3 - 5 using the rear brake.